I'll post what Selah and I create this weekend on Flickr , Facebook, and the blog.
Use sprinkles to make the ghost eyes.
White Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch for the egg whites
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can replace with another flavoring if you prefer: lemon, almond extract, etc.)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
- 8 large egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. Use immediately.